Transform Your Smile in Coral Springs
Porcelain veneers are a simple way to transform the look of your smile. Veneers can even be used to restore the function of teeth that have been damaged by disease or trauma. Dr. Diaz of Diaz Smile is pleased to offer cosmetic dentistry in Coral Springs, including veneers, crowns, and dental implants.
Reasons to Choose Veneers
Veneers can be used for both cosmetic and restorative purposes. You and your dentist will evaluate your needs and options to determine if porcelain veneers are the right solution for you.
- Some types of tooth discoloration cannot be addressed with traditional teeth whitening products—these stains can instead be covered by veneers for a bright and beautiful smile.
- Small cosmetic defects, including irregularities in the shape, size, or texture of the teeth, can also be hidden with veneers.
- Tooth grinding can wear away tooth enamel, causing teeth to appear shorter. Your dentist can use porcelain veneers to restore the original shape of your teeth for a more youthful and natural look.
- Veneers can also be used to restore a damaged tooth that has been broken or cracked following an accident or injury.
- In some cases, veneers are a cosmetic alternative to orthodontics. Your dentist can use veneers to change the shape and alignment of the teeth in the front of your mouth, allowing you to achieve a straighter smile without the need for braces.
Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
Your veneers are designed to last for many years, protecting your teeth and improving the look of your smile. Although porcelain veneers are durable and resistant to stains, there are still a few simple steps you can take to care for your veneers and maintain their appearance.
- Veneers are made from strong materials and won’t break with normal use. However, it’s best to avoid chewing on hard candies, ice, or objects such as pens and pencils. You should also avoid using your teeth to open packaging or hold objects, as this can damage or loosen the veneers.
- You can provide added protection for your veneers by wearing a mouth guard whenever you play sports. If you are prone to clenching or grinding your teeth at night, your dentist will provide a customized mouth guard you can wear during sleep.
- Continue to brush and floss your teeth—including those with veneers—regularly to remove food and bacteria to maintain your dental health. Although veneers will change the appearance of your teeth, they will not eliminate your risk for dental disease without regular oral care.
Are you interested in improving your dental health or the look of your smile with cosmetic dentistry in Coral Springs? You can reach the dental office of Dr. Diaz by calling Diaz Smile today at (954) 755-1222.